Learn what’s new and upcoming at our Wesley communities!
Wesley at Tehaleh
Wesley at Tehaleh just celebrated its first anniversary! This community is an ideal destination for people to bring their families together and enjoy life outside the city in the relaxing foothills of Mt. Rainier.
“It was a beautiful day and the food was great. Three friends of mine attended the event, and they liked seeing the apartments,” said Diane Olson, volunteer greeter and resident of Wesley at Tehaleh.
Virginia Meadows, Wesley at Tehaleh resident, enjoyed the celebration with her son and daughter-in-law. “They loved the ice cream and music. It was just a gorgeous day,” she said.
Wesley Des Moines
At Wesley’s flagship community, construction on Phase III of the multi-phase, multi-year redevelopment has officially begun! Nearly all of the final new Cottage accommodations are now reserved, and more details will soon be shared for the Centre Point apartments on the fifth floor of the new wing.
Residents were treated to the first construction update of this phase from Anthony Mizen, the project’s construction superintendent from Walsh Construction. Anthony has been overseeing the project since the beginning. He shared some interesting facts at the meeting.
Phase III Updates
- The notice to proceed with Phase III was issued May 16, 2022.
- The current estimated date of completion is February 16, 2024.
- The skybridge to the Terrace building on the north side of South 216th Street will be complete at the same time.
- Eleven new Cottage homes are being built by a different contractor and are expected to be complete in early 2023.
- Current work includes completing contracts with subcontractors.
- Materials were procured early to address longer lead times.
- 60,000 gallons of water was pumped off the site after the rain storm the previous week.
- The crane for this phase is 22’ taller and 30’ longer than the previous crane. It can also handle more weight – up to 44,000 pounds.
- The hook height is 138’.
- The crane operator works in the cab all day, starting at 7:00 a.m. and climbing down at 3:30 p.m.
- The crane is free floating when not in operation. It spins with the wind in ”vane mode.”
- The skybridge will require two cranes to lift the bridge in place. This work will likely be done at night.
Wesley Bradley Park
Phase II is happening! This expansion of Wesley’s Puyallup campus will bring about a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center, swimming pool and an additional Brownstone building with 44 new apartments. We expect to submit documents to the city along with the certificate of need application to the state this month.
Construction is estimated to begin in the second half of 2023.
Wesley Spring Glen
Plans are already under review with King County, and construction is expected to start in the second quarter of 2023.
If you are interested in this new community in the Fairwood neighborhood of Renton, sign up for our newsletter by using the form below. We will provide updates on focus groups and early reservations beginning fall 2022 with pre-leasing expected to begin in early 2023.
"*" indicates required fields